Polishing : Mud Pump Rotors
Diamond Belt Polishing: HVOF Coated Mud Pump Rotors
Mud pump rotor diamond grinding of HVOF Carbide coating:
- semi-automatic stand-alone (includes lathe rotator)
- polisher attachment for your lathe machine (ask for details of the grinding head)
The mud pump rotor workpiece is mounted in the lathe’s headstock and tailstock. The work piece is rotated by the lathe headstock.
The Diamond Belt polishing head attachment is mounted on the lathe machines carriage. During the diamond belt grinding and polishing work, the carriage moves the Diamond Belt polishing head attachment along the axial direction of the mud pump rotor.
1. Belt drive motor power: 3.0 KW, variable speed, frequency conversion motor
2. Polishing belt surface speed: 20-40 linear meters per second, step less speed control and adjustment with variable speed frequency converter
3. Maximum belt width: 100 mm wide
4. Maximum work piece diameter: φ 280 mm (11 inches)
5. Minimum work piece diameter: φ 115 mm (3.5 inches)
6. The maximum length of the work piece: as this is an attachment to the original equipment, the length is limited by the length of the lathe.
7. Power supply: 380V, 50Hz
8. Belt polishing head attachment running noise: ≤ 80db
The upper part of the Diamond Belt polishing head attachment seat can rotate and can be manually rotated in a range of 360 degrees. This allows the operator to adjust the match angle of the Belt polishing head attachment to the spiral angle of the pump rotor. The proper angle of the Belt polishing head attachment is then locked with a handle. When loading and unloading the work piece, it is also necessary to rotate the Belt polishing head attachment to a position that does not interfere with the lifting of the work piece. See below.
The drive motor rotates the drive wheel to drive the belt at high speed (high surface meters per minute). The belt is under tension with a spring tensioning mechanism.
The diamond polishing belt contacts the work piece on the free area of the belt, between the driving wheel and the tensioning wheel. This permit grinding and polishing and the belt conforms to the shape of the work piece.
Different widths of abrasive diamond belts are used, depending on the shape of the work piece. Grinding a twisted-shaped screw (mud pump rotor) typically requires a narrower belt. Rotate the Belt polishing head attachment to an angle, at which the belt is close to the helix angle of the work piece. Adjust the rotational speed of the work piece and the traverse movement of the Belt polishing head attachment along the work piece in following the helix angle.
Grinding the outer diameter of the screw can be done with a diamond belt width of 60mm. Grinding the bottom of the valley of the screw, the width of the belt is selected according to the width of the bottom of the valley of screw. Pneumatic system: It controls the lifting and lowering of the Belt polishing head attachment and allows the Belt polishing head attachment to float.